I’ve learned some great networking techniques from Bob Burg (Thank you Bob Burg.) Bob is an author of Endless Referrals, Go Giver, and Go Givers Sell more. 3 books I highly recommend.
Between learning from Bob and adding my own personal touch, here are 7 Networking Techniques you can take advantage right away and apply on Twitter or anywhere else for that matter. Enjoy~
1. Engaging: You will make more friends and attract more followers by becoming interested in other people versus trying to get other people interested in you. The key to engaging with others on Twitter is making the other person feel important. A great way to connect with someone new is to give them a compliment. There’s always something nice to say about someone.
2. Building Relationships: People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. With Twitter, People can get to know, like, and trust you much faster and more efficiently than traditional means of marketing by focusing on one major step when building relationships, the follow-up.
3. The Fortune is in the follow-up. Many successful business owners have discovered when following up with people has made all the difference to their business. If you don’t follow-up with people, your competitors will.
4. Providing Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you provide in value than you take in payment. When you effectively engage and build relationships by providing value and give people what they want you will gain new and repeat customers with Twitter.
5. Be the referral source: by referring a persons business to other people. There is simply no better way to get someone to want to do something for you, than first doing something for them
6 Connecting: Before you connect with someone go to their blog/website and do some basic research. Visit their about page and send a tweet with a positive comment about them or their business. Doing this will show them you took the time and are being thoughtful.
7. Tweetups:This is an excellent opportunity to meet with multiple people at one time in person. Meeting your friends and followers in a group setting will give you the option to share ideas and take your relationships to the next level.
The secret to networking on Twitter is to harness the power of your tweets. All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, those people they know, like, and trust.
With that being said networking on Twitter is all about three core values; engaging, building relationships and providing value in your tweets.
How do you network on Twitter?
Please share your comments or stories below…
Confused on how to use Twitter the right way?
Take advantage of this step by step Twitter Marketing System