For some time now, people have asked us… What do I do if my twitter account gets suspended?
As of late Twitter seems to be suspending more accounts without warning. Actually, I don’t know if there’s ever been a warning sent prior to a suspension. Nevertheless, if you or someone you know gets suspended, here are some tips to follow to prevent a cardiac arrest. (Take it from an EX-suspended Twitter user. Yes it happened to me several months ago)
1. Begin by taking a patience Pill. (It’s likely not the end of the world as we know it)
Then Read the Twitter Rules to see if maybe you made a mistake that you were unaware of.
2. Now that the patience pill is working it’s magic. You can submit a ticket to Twitter here or follow the link through your suspended account. Be calm and polite when writing Twitter. In other words, whatever you do, don’t go postal and go off the deep end.
3. After submitting a ticket with your plea… you’ll need to patiently wait at least 24-48 hours to receive a reply back via email from Twitter. In the meantime, you may create a new account (if you don’t all ready have one) Then tweet and notify some friends/followers that your account got suspended. Most importantly, be good.
4. If Twitter sends you an email be sure to reply back to them (remember what ever you do, don’t go postal. Better yet, be on your best behavior)
5. If you have a 2nd twitter account established, you can also tweet one of the Twitter Spam patrols. This has been reported to help expedite the process at times. Simply tweet one of them your suspended account and ask if they know why your account was suspended. @ginger or @delbius
You may also be interested to read 4 common Twitter mistakes.
Leave us your comments about Twitter Account Suspensions.
Confused on how to use Twitter the right way?
Take advantage of this step by step Twitter System