Many people especially new people on Twitter are focused on trying to get a huge number of followers. I can’t blame them cause I was the same way almost a year ago when I started using Twitter. Today I realize the quality of followers in more important then the quantity of followers. Who am I to say what your reason is for using Twitter, here are some techniques to consider if you’re just looking to generate lots of followers.
1. Follow new people everyday will help you get more Twitter followers. The daily maximum Twitter will let you follow per day is 1000. This doesn’t mean you can just follow 1000 people per day and not get into trouble with Twitter. You must have a balance in what you’re doing or Twitter will suspend your account. You can get suspended for a number of reasons. There is also a ratio to consider once you get over the 2000 follow limit. This ratio is about 10%, meaning you can follow about 10% more people then you have followers.
2. Unfollow those that don’t follow you back. Many people on Twitter have auto follows setup which means they auto follow you when you follow them. Again being to aggressive may cause your Twitter account to get suspended, there must be a balance. You can use programs like twitterkarma to unfollow large numbers of people at one time. One thing you can do to make room for more followers is to remove some of the people you are following even if they are following you.
3. Send out tweets to give people a reason to follow you. If you’re trying to sell something you want to send out tweets with a link to your sales page but this can damage you. If all you do is send out links especially to many in a short amount of time people will block and unfollow you. When you get blocked by a certain number of people Twitter may suspend your account. Send out other tweets in between the tweets with links. For example: quotes, jokes, @replies, retweets etc. will help keep your account looking like all you’re doing is trying to market a product or get more followers.
4. Set up your Twitter account for automation with tools like tweetadder to get more done. With just this one tool you can schedule tweets to go out around the clock. Set up your account to auto follow everyone that follows you. Auto unfollow those that unfollow you, follow people with a certain number of followers, send out direct messages and the list goes on. Just keep in mind you can only send out 250 Direct Messages per day, once you hit this limit you will have to wait until the next day before you can send any more.
5. Having a balance to protect your Twitter account from getting suspended and gain as many followers as possible is the one thing many people are trying to figure out. Only send out two tweets per hour with links and send at least one other type of tweet in between. Never follow the daily maximum of 1000 people per day, keep this number to about 400 to 500 to be safe. Don’t send out the same tweet two often, have plenty of different types of tweets will help keep you from looking like a spammer. Only send out about 300-400 direct messages per day. The last thing you want to happen is for your account to get suspended. This is just part of the list of things to consider when it comes to having a balance with your Twitter account.
These are just a few methods to help you get more followers but don’t blame me if you get to aggressive and your account gets suspended. Read the list of reasons why Twitter suspends accounts and take these reasons into consideration when trying to generate lots of followers.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to list them below in the comment section. Don’t forget to leave your Twitter username so myself and others can follow you. Thanks for your time and let me know how I can help you with your Twitter experience.
Watching out for you, one tweet at a time -TwitterWatchDog
Are you a beginner or advanced on Twitter?
Learn Twitter techniques that gets faster results. Learn More
Follow me on Twitter @skeeterhansen