For news to travel the world used to take day and even weeks now only takes a tweet. Twitter is making the most radical shift in media and networking in recent years. Twitter is quickly becoming the central real-time hub that serves to enhance every content platform on the web.
How Twitter is Changing the Internet
If you feel like you are getting lost in the shuffle you are not alone. Most people I talk to are trying to use between 6-10 different social sites, I say trying because when you network on multiple social sites at the same time it’s almost impossible to be effective at any of them. It’s no wonder people are lost and confused with how much time they should spend on what site, especially with new social sites popping up everyday.
The question should be, which “one” do I focus on with my time? Twitter is growing fast and many people simply don’t know if they should invest or split their time with another social site. I get asked a few questions over and over again, how can Twitter help me with my business? How does Twitter work? How is Twitter different from other social sites? When used properly you can get more done with greater results in less time from just one central hub social site, “Twitter”. Twitter gives you the ability to locate people looking for what you have to offer.
Let me list a few of the benefits Twitter can offer you or your business:
1. Brand Yourself: Branding yourself and your business using traditional means of advertising would cost you tens of thousands of dollars, with Twitter this is possible with no out of pocket expense and can happen very quickly.
2. Building Relationships: You can build relationships that provides you long term customers. More and more people are shopping online everyday and the sooner you learn how to build relationships online using social sites the sooner you can tap into this growing market.
3. Customer Service: In the offline world this is a problem that is only getting worse. In the online world of Internet marketing this has been reserved for those that could afford the high tech sites. With many 3rd party tools that integrate with Twitter, online customer service is quickly becoming a reality for everyone.
4. Engage: There has never been a time in the history of the Internet where you can invest your time engaging with people that want what you have. Better yet locate your competitors clients.
5. Provide Value: Providing value to both your prospects and customers is a must if you want to hear from them again. People hate to be sold but love to buy. Just one of many, Twitterfeed.com is a 3rd party tool that allows you to provide valuable content to your prospects, customers and followers. Now you can be the information provider without even doing the research.
6. Networking: I have spent thousands of dollars and driven thousands of miles trying to locate people to network with in my business. The thought of going global was out of the question. Now with Twitter there are no limitations, you can network with people locally, nationally and globally if you choose to do so.
7. Research: With Twitter you can research information you need in real time. More and more people I tweet with are sending out questions in the form of a tweet versus going to google. This allows you to interact with people and meet new friends at the same time.
8. Traffic: Traffic Generation to your blog or website worldwide. Most people continue to build their business on a local level but the playing field has leveled. I know people who have generated traffic to their website from over a hundred plus countries within 30 days only using Twitter. Tell me where else can you do that?
Where we go from here no one knows, but so far it is pretty clear that Twitter is changing the Internet and making the world of marketing much less centralized, and much more people-driven.
What benefits have you seen from Twitter?
(Please leave us your comments)
Watching out for you, one tweet at a time -TwitterWatchDog
Get instant Twitter Watchdog Secrets, Tips and Tools that will help maximize both your personal and professional Twitter experience. Just enter your name and email address now.