– by James Roughton
There is a lot of debate about automating posting to Twitter. However, If you are some one who wants to put your Twitter on autopilot, here is a cool site that will help you publish your content to twitter automatically, directly from any RSS feeds.
RSS2twitter contains many features such as:
- You will not be not asked for your twitter username and password
- You can add multiple Twitter accounts. It appears that you can add as many accounts as you are registered
- One RSS feed can be associated with multiple twitter accounts.
- You can choose different update frequencies for your feeds.
· 30 minutes
· 1 hour
· 6 hours
· 12 hours
· 24 hours
- The site has an “Update now” button that will update your feed immediately
- You can format your RSS to include the following:
· Feed title only
· Title and description
· Description only
- There is an options filter where you “include only with” and “exclude with”
- You can add a custom prefix to your updates, for example, Reading …..
- You have a personal dashboard where you can track your analytics as follows:
· Total visits this week
· Latest Updates and Top Updates. This section will list your Twitter accounts, Tweets to the account, and also records the number of visits to the RSS that you have submitted to Twitter.
The only limitation that I have found is that you are only allowed 10 feeds, but this is enough to auto post to Twitter. The sites can be found at RSS2Twitter.
What is your experience with using RSS Feeds?
How do you feel about automation?
(please share your comments)