-by Al Ferretti and Skeeter Hansen
16 Cool Twitter Tools for Firefox
A lot of people love both Twitter and Firefox. With both having so many plug-ins available it only seems natural that there would be quite a few tools to merge both Twitter and Firefox together. If you’re the type of person that likes flexibility, take a peek at these tools, theres sure to be something that appeals to you.
(As with all Firefox tool lists, we recommend that you don’t install all of these unless you want your browser to move at the speed of a turtle.)
1. DashBlog – DashBlog lets you easily tweet about items you find on the web such as videos, text, quotes, images and more. Also works with Tumblr (Tumblr reviews), WordPress (WordPress reviews) and Blogger (blogger reviews).
2. Friendbar – See your incoming tweets right in the toolbar as well as post updates of your own. Also works with Facebook (Facebook reviews) friends.
3. StockTwits – A Firefox add-on that works with the StockTwits site. It will turn any StockTwits tagged tweets on the site into a link back to the StockTwits site so you can follow the conversation.
4. Twitter Line – Displays incoming tweets from your friends timeline in a toolbar, and allows you to post updates to your own account.
5. Twitter StatusBar – A discrete tool that collapses into your status bar when not in use. Just click on the “T” symbol to bring it up and send out your latest update.
6. Twitter Toolbar – A toolbar that allows you to post updates any time you want as you browse. Also includes pre-written messages for common sayings on the service.
7. TwitBin (Twitbin reviews) – Opens up a Twitter client in your sidebar so you can send and read tweets no matter where you are on the Web without changing tabs or windows.
8. TwitKit – A sidebar Twitter client that breaks down into tabs for @replies, account stats, public timeline, sending tweets, your friends’ latest tweets and a list of all your followers.
9. TwitterBar – Type your tweets in the address bar and press the icon at the end to send them. Also allows you to easily tweet about the page you are currently looking at by leaving it in the address bar when you type out your message.
10. TwitterFox (Twitterfox reviews) – A Twitter client for Firefox that will allow you to see your friend updates, add your own, retweet, delete read tweets from your stream and more.
11. Tw-autocomplete – Allows for autocomplete of Twitter usernames for @ and D messages as you are typing them on the Twitter site.
12. TweetStalk – Adds a “Stalk” button next to the “Follow” button on Twitter so you can follow someone without them knowing it. Can also create an RSS feed of their tweets so you can read them in your favorite reader.
13. TwitThat – A bookmarklet that lets you tweet about the current Web page you are reading.
14. Twitter Search – The name says it all for this handy tool that gives you access to the real-time Twitter search.
15. TwittyTunes – Works with FoxyTunes (FoxyTunes reviews) to submit the songs you listen to that you wish to share with the Twitter community. If you choose not to use it with FoxyTunes, you can also post about sites and videos you are viewing.
16. Twitzer – Allows you to tweet messages longer than 140 characters by adding a link to the overflow text, you can also de-Twitzer text and have it displayed directly on the Twitter site.
Use Twitter the right way with a step by step Training and Support System